 Off-Topic / Debate / 13606
Re: Violence created by presence of guns? (was: Gotta love Oracle...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 00:46:42 GMT

Pedro Silva wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tom Stangl writes:

(snipped)

Most criminals aren't stupid.  Given a choice against going up against an armed
or unarmed victim, most will logically choose the unarmed victim.

Most criminals aren't psychic, either. So how can they tell if someone is
armed or not?

Simple - they go to areas where weapons are hard to *lawfully* get.  Statistics
prove this out - the easier it is to *lawfully* get a gun, hence the more *lawful*
citizens have them, the lower the "bad" crimes in the area.

They just try their luck.

No, they often find easier pickings in other areas.

If the victim is not armed, fine; if it is, too
bad, one person will probably get hurt.

Yes, and if it's the criminal, I sure won't feel bad about it.

I sure would if I were a criminal!

And what about you, how would you tell the difference if you were a criminal?

I'd do my crime in places where it's hard to *lawfully* get a gun.

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/