 Off-Topic / Debate / 1360
  An interesting URL from my favorite newspaper

which has bearing on the current debate (URL) it, then ask yourself, were the founding fathers such fools, or is there something fundamentally different about men (and the governments they construct) now that we're willing to trust government when (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: An interesting URL from my favorite newspaper

(...) I wonder how many people can read those words and not be moved by them? Small measures, indeed. ''If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace,'' (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: An interesting URL from my favorite newspaper

(...) Hey, you said it, I didn't ;) (...) Basically, we no longer live in a Dark Age frontier anymore? (...) Think about _that_ for a while. (...) Happy Good Riddance day, as a British friend of mine used to say... ;) Jasper (25 years ago, 22-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: An interesting URL from my favorite newspaper

(...) Sorry if you're having trouble recognising a rhetorical argument there. Try not to fall asleep in class. More slowly for the rhetoric impaired. - They were not fools. Rather, they were brilliant. - There is nothing fundamentally different (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: An interesting URL from my favorite newspaper

(...) Sorry if you're having trouble recognising a joke even if the smiley is staring you in the face ans shouting: "HEY! This is a joke!". (...) That is your opinion. Stating it as fact does not make it so.[1] (...) Really? So the entire (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)