 Off-Topic / Debate / 13509
Re: This is disgusting!...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 7 Oct 2001 00:25:12 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Julie Krenz writes:

Yes, it is absolutely sickening and sad what the Taliban has done to women in
Afghanistan.

Destroy the Taliban, it's incredible what they get away with.  No-one really
has the right to say what and how someone can live, and just because they
are in the place to think they can, and this is, man and women in control,
really they can't, but we are stupid and let them.

Sure there are rules, but rules that are as harsh as those like what these
people, both male and female go through is shocking!  We all have one life,
and I feel we should make the most of it without hurting anyone else.  Life
wasn't meant to be this way, but I have to say, it's religion that is
tearing the world apart.  No, I am not religious, but that is how I wish to
live.

Just so it isn't just women posting on this thread, I totally agree. Men
aren't exactly rolling in clover either, but women are getting one of the
worst deals ever... (yes, there are worse out there, true)

Oh yeah of course, but if you went through the site that I posted (just one
of loads) you would find that women have the worse deal forsure.  I
understand that men too have many problems to deal with, but it's not just
this country that women have been mistreated.  All through history women
have been treated on a somewhat rollercoaster, in some era's treated the way
they should, and others like as if they were dirt to br trampled on.

In my eyes, both man and women have a lot to offer, in many ways, man may be
stronger in physical strength and more aggressive, but women are able to
calm and control men to their senses haha :P, and also have their children,
not to mention women tend to be stronger in the self-physical strength, as
all women know, when a man is sick he's like a bear with a sore toe! :P
hahaha, j/k but to some degree it's true, my husband told me so :P

Anyway we both have our great values and if we are right for each other we
can make a great team!  I just can't satnd how as a woman myself, the
Taliban can say that their women have no meaning or uses unless it's to
satisfy their needs or to have their children, I am amazed they have the
strength to have their children in the first place...

Thanks Larry for sharing your opinion and as a male admitting that something
like that is terrible.

Mel