 Off-Topic / Debate / 13487
Re: This is disgusting!...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2001 04:17:01 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Melody Brown writes:
I know Women in Afghanistan and other countries are treated terribly... but
this is disgusting!

http://rawa.kwebcreations.com/women.html

Mel (proud to be a woman! I am not a feminist and the like, but respect goes
both ways)

Yes, it is absolutely sickening and sad what the Taliban has done to women in
Afghanistan.

CNN has been running a documentary called Beneath The Veil.
A female reporter sneaked in a camera and taped how the women are existing.

It is scheduled to air here in the states 10 p.m. EDT and PDT Sunday.

You can also read and view some video at
http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/presents/index.veil.html

Warning: the TV report gets gory, public exection, mass graves.

Julie