 Off-Topic / Debate / 13500
Re: Gotta love Oracle...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.loc.pt
Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2001 17:47:15 GMT

Hello Larry,

I have had a National ID card for ten years, and I only had to show it for
proof of identity on reasonable subjects: Tests (School, College admission),
Licenses (Driver's and others), and as a login number (!) to know if I had
been admitted to College.

See, that you think these reasonable is itself symptomatic.

So, you think it would be OK to ...

... send someone else to a college test instead of showing up personally?

... drive with someone else's driver's license?

Besides, our legislation FORBIDS the state agencies to cross data among
themselves (for instance, Social security record and Tax record), or to
share it with companies. There are a few laws about data collected from
citizens, very advanced indeed.

Right, we have those too with respect to SSN. Didn't work.

So, at least one thing works better in Europe than the US ;-)

Greetings

Horst