 Off-Topic / Debate / 12892
  Re: Stupid Tales of Misplaced Zeal

(...) Yes, it's a term coined for a reason... I am ambivalent about the term. It has been misused at times but it does capture the sense that the crime is particularly senseless, that it's being carried out for reasons of hate rather than for (...) (23 years ago, 17-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Stupid Tales of Misplaced Zeal

Larry Have you not seen the film "The Goadfather"? Parts I,III & IV, I believe ;-) Yes point noted about the spelling, thanks, and more appreciated that you understood what I meant. Incidentally, has anyone else noticed how rather dumb some news (...) (23 years ago, 17-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Stupid Tales of Misplaced Zeal

(...) My dad forced me to see those movies. Dave! (my full and sincere apologies to Santosh for making a joke about his spelling, but that was too sweet an opportunity to miss!) (23 years ago, 17-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Stupid Tales of Misplaced Zeal

(...) Is that the one where they left a Hoarse head in a bed of flowers? :-) (...) Indeed. I was listening to the radio for several hours That Day, and many of the stations were just carrying the TV network news. Amazing gaffes. Amazing resistance (...) (23 years ago, 17-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Stupid Tales of Misplaced Zeal

(...) LOL. (...) No need for apologies, read the post one before the one you replied to. Its again a case of "I never make Misteaks". Is that a Larry P term? thats who I first saw type it. (23 years ago, 17-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.pun)

  Re: Stupid Tales of Misplaced Zeal

(...) Yes or the press conferences with the New York mayor: Mayor: our first priority is to resuce and search for people Reporter 1: Whats the body count upto? Mayor: we're not interested in that, we're concerned about finding people Reporter 2: How (...) (23 years ago, 17-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Stupid Tales of Misplaced Zeal

(...) Rudy rocks. They ought to draft him for another term. Most level headed politician we have. But I digress. :-) (...) Not a frivolous attack at all, IMHO. It's amazing how easy it is to ignore the actual answer to your question when you are so (...) (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)