 Off-Topic / Debate / 12855
    Re: Mercy? (Was Re: My Prayer on this National Day of Prayer) —Adam Murtha
   Hi Ross. I would have thought if there was any conclusive evidence for the existence of god that the christian belief wouldn't crumble, but be elevated to new heights of wisdom and logic. The statement that if god exists he, is beyond our (...) (23 years ago, 16-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Mercy? (Was Re: My Prayer on this National Day of Prayer) —Ian Warfield
   I'll try to address both Adam's and Ross's posts at the same time. (...) Exactly. I believe that too. As I mentioned in my other post, I can put my hands on a huge amount of evidence for the existence of God - all circumstantial, and none of it 100% (...) (23 years ago, 16-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Mercy? (Was Re: My Prayer on this National Day of Prayer) —Adam Murtha
     This debate is going nowhere, and no one's opinion is going to change here. But you say there is convincing evidence that there is god, and yet I have seen any. Let me put my opinion this way. I will believe that there is a god when he shows (...) (23 years ago, 16-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: Mercy? (Was Re: My Prayer on this National Day of Prayer) —Ian Warfield
     (...) Refer to the post I just put up: (URL) There is more, if you're interested. (...) You'll get your wish, eventually. When we die, we all face God. And at the end of the age, God will descend from Heaven in glory to set up His kingdom on earth. (...) (23 years ago, 17-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Mercy? (Was Re: My Prayer on this National Day of Prayer) —Ross Crawford
   (...) Yes, I re-read that and realised it wasn't a good description of my belief. Perhaps closer: "...he instantly loses all his followers, *from his point of view*, because they no longer have to make any choice to follow him." (...) I agree with (...) (23 years ago, 16-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Mercy? (Was Re: My Prayer on this National Day of Prayer) —Ian Warfield
   (...) Okay. But this is what I say about the faith issue: God wants us to follow Him by faith. If you have absolute proof, you remove the faith option. (...) Okay. But the universe had to be initiated by something, and if it wasn't God, what was it? (...) (23 years ago, 17-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Mercy? (Was Re: My Prayer on this National Day of Prayer) —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) If you had been spending time reviewing past debates here you'd see that this question has been dealt with before. (23 years ago, 17-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)