 Off-Topic / Debate / 12671
  Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy

(...) deal (...) I agree, but I'm probably not thinking about the same problem as you are. The problem in Gaza is a problem of preceived land ownership, not terrorism. (...) army (...) and (...) And murdered many innocent Iraqis in the process. (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy

(...) Actually, it's a combination of the two, but I won't split hairs on this one. (...) That were being used as human shields and no, it doesn't sound familiar. Saddam kept hiding. QWB was quite public about where he's been. GWB wasn't anywhere (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy

(...) < (...) So that makes it OK to murder them? (...) Weren't several thousand (est) innocent Americans just murdered for the pursuit of a (as yet unknown) goal? ROSCO (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy

(...) Jeez, you're willing to go a long way for the sake of equivocation. If they are being used as human shields, then the people using them as shields are responsible for their deaths. So, no--it's not okay to murder them, and the people using (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy

(...) murder (...) cross (...) Not the same thing at all. Something closer would be if you buy a baseball bat...and kill me with it you are no more guilty than if you take that same bat and keep swinging it at a pile of baseballs when you know (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy

(...) Better or worse I will not comment on. I think your example is inapplicable to this situation, but I did want to point out that american law, at any rate, distinguishes between these cases... driving drunk and killing someone is negligent (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)