 Off-Topic / Debate / 12592
Re: War
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 10:22:14 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Dan Boger writes:
"unarguable role in fostering aggression and hatred"... hmmm... excuse me, I >want to argue this.  How has the US fostered aggression and hatred, please >tell?

Years ago, the U.S. and other members of the world community sat on their
hands as the Nazis performed atrocities before the world. Behind the scenes,
many of our corporate "persons" profited from the blood and suffering of
others (recently settled in European courts).  Years later, we fought a
"cold war", engaged in police actions (unofficial wars), and protected
corporate interests abroad on the back of many a teenager's innocent blood.
For decades we have turned the blind eye from the acts of those committing
genocide.  People die homeless in our streets so that McDonald's can have
some pork barrel money to spend on advertising abroad.

Some people think that the U.S. trained the world torturer network from
locations in Virginia (connect the dots...), killed Che Guevara in Bolivia,
sent young men to die in Viet Nam for the profit interests of a very few in
rubber trees, continues to allow the death penalty to be carried out in a
racially selective manner, and protects the interests of its corporate
fictitious "persons" at the expense of its natural citizens, etc., etc....

I guess you could argue these points, but my point is merely that "no one is
innocent."

We can't arrive at peace with anyone if we insist that we are 100% in the
right about everything -- we have to accept that we also are not perfect and
that we have our share of blame for the suffering in the world.

<3

-- Hop-Frog