 Off-Topic / Debate / 12624
Re: War
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 16:00:06 GMT

We can't arrive at peace with anyone if we insist that we are 100% in the
right about everything -- we have to accept that we also are not perfect and
that we have our share of blame for the suffering in the world.

Well said, Richard. In the worst possible way, we have become the victims of
indiscriminate murder whereas, as you noted, America (specifically
government and corporate entities) had undeniably been perpetrators or
collaborators elsewhere. I realize some may see such comments as
anti-American but as a patriot I feel compelled to seek the truth behind our
existence as a nation. In the worst possible way, we have been given a taste
of what it feels like to have our homeland violated and the lives of our
family and friends brutally extinguished. It isn't fair or just. I do
believe in innocence and I don't think innocent people should needlessly
suffer and die so that some political point could be made through a
deplorable, criminal act. However, I hold an equal measure of contempt for
our government's dealings in foreign affairs and contributing to the
conditions that spawned such hatred and violence.

Dan