 Off-Topic / Debate / 12582
  Evil, attack on freedom and democracy

In the middle of my summer vacation, I heard that the American company that has just recently purchased the production plant I'm working in, has decided to shut it down. 508 people will lose their jobs, and I am of course one of them. At the same (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Evil, attack on freedom and democracy

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tore Eriksson writes: <snip> Genitals, not gentiles. I doubt that many people on this forum will appreciate your statement, let alone it's timing. Setting aside all the Biblical references, in plain terms our nation is (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Evil, attack on freedom and democracy

(...) Yes, best to work on that spelling. It can lead to some nasty errors. (...) It's neither reasoned nor coherent, so I definitely don't. It sounds like rather self-absorbed anti-American essentialization that's based on tortured logic, willful (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Evil, attack on freedom and democracy

(...) Ack. Ooops. Methinks that says "it's time for bed." Cross out that first "tortured logic." Maybe I should have said "redundancy?" Or maybe "redundancy?" best LFB (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Evil, attack on freedom and democracy

(...) [Snip: bible interpretation equating the WTC as symbol of greed] (...) Wow, normally I try to stay away from .debate, but I feel compelled to answer this one. Tore, I'm sorry about your personal situation, but you need to take a step back, (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)