 Off-Topic / Debate / 12430
    Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China —Simon Bennett
   (...) Well, now I've started I may as well get fully involved in .debate! Shaun You may like to consider separating British Military presence (which began in the early 1970's at the request of the Catholic community to protect them from Protestant (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China —Simon Bennett
     (...) Sorry for following myself up but I must say I stand corrected about Dave's meaning. I wasn't too sure I should have put words in his mouth and now it seems the words were wrong in the first place. Sorry All, I never really wanted to open the (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China —Dave Schuler
     (...) That was cool, though--kind of like watching me have a debate with myself. Dave! (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China —Bruce Schlickbernd
     (...) The British brought in Scots Pres(oh geez, I can't remember how to spell this)byterians at a much later date. The Catholic/Protestant thing is not really independent of British occupation (topmost quote above). One could typify it as centuries (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China —Lindsay Frederick Braun
   (...) Muuhahahahaha, etc etc :) (...) This is extremely interesting! My segment of British/Irish history really doesn't go back past the Boyne, so this is a very cloudy period in my knowledge. Were these Scots who invaded in the 14th-C. descended (...) (23 years ago, 7-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)