 Off-Topic / Debate / 12408
  Re: Military Lego Sets

(...) :) <Smiles at both the monkey comment and the previous head steppin' fiasco> (...) So, Where do you teach at Lindsay? I assume you’re a professor? When you said ‘institution’ I deduced that it’s a school and not a ward!?! ;) --==Richard==-- (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Military Lego Sets

(...) I'm sorry, I just really remember that. It's not an entry one soon forgets! ;) I'm just happy I didn't get my head stepped on at that particular time (we won't talk about "since then"--I think my eyes were bitten *and* my head stepped upon (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Military Lego Sets

(...) It’s always nice to be remembered!!! (...) Indeed, and watchin’ Tim Burtons rendition of -Planet of the Apes- only reinforces the point. (Can you believe that a little chimp is really 3 times stronger than a man…I'd bet that I could probably (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Military Lego Sets

(...) If it were a true death match, and if the chimp had (in its opinion) a real reason to kill you, I think I'd bet on the chimp--no offense. (...) Well, there are a few chimps who've earned black belts over the years, and their reach is probably (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Military Lego Sets

(...) As you know, raw strength can be turned against its user. The catch would be that chimps, as similar as they are to us, move in different ways. In a sense you "wouldn't know your enemy" and thus might underestimate him/her/it in some (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Military Lego Sets/monkeys

WoW, well, umm, I appear to have gone off on a tad bit of a tangent here! I can assure you that my original intent wasn’t to indulge in primate genocide. It’s just that I've put a bit TOO much thought into the whole ‘eye bitin’ Monkey’ thing and (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Ape Linkin'

I know this is a long-dead thread, but a couple of guys here at work were discussing the subject, and I found a relevant link: (...) Cecil has this to say re: chimp puissance... (URL) My feeling is that, even if you (or any typical pugilist) got a (...) (23 years ago, 20-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Ape Linkin'

(...) What does all of this have to do with our 16th president? FUT .pun :-D -John (...) (23 years ago, 20-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)