 Off-Topic / Debate / 12215
Re: DMCA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 18:26:50 GMT

It is unfortuante that the major networks here in the U.S. are funded by
some of the same corporations that I am sure support the DMCA.  Otherwise I
and many others may have become aware of it far sooner... rather than
waiting for people to start getting cinvicted for unwittingly breaking such
a law.

Kurby,

I hope you have your copy from Copyleft of DIVX :)  I know I have mine.
Support for organizations like EFF and 2600 is still needed (the 2600 case has
so far cost somewhat in excess of 1 million USD)  The bad thing is that it is
very ovious that if 2600 had printed(press printed, like NY times or such) a
copy of the code, that nothing -could- have happened...but because it was done
electronically, all kinds of stuff has happened...

As regards guns, well...the people united will never be defeated, which is far
more true than having guns will defeat the government.  The government only has
a mandate until we remove it.

James Powell