 Off-Topic / Debate / 12212
Re: DMCA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 15:58:42 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Kirby Warden writes:
Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA)

give it a "search" in your search engine, plenty of stuff will come up to
link to.

Read about it.
Know about it.
Fear it.

  To what, specifically, do you object?  I'd be interested to explore this
topic here on OT.Debate, but I'd like to know something more concrete about
your views.  In any case, "Know about it/Fear it" is little more than
demagoguery.

This is not a local U.S. law only.  This is a step towards globalization and
puts humanity one step closer to slavery.

  Well, if you think that we're not already enslaved in countless ways,
you're deliberately avoiding certain facts.  In any case, why is
globalization a problem, exactly?  To me, a world-wide state, in which the
texture and character of cultures can mix and learn from each other, is
pretty close to a Utopian ideal.  Or are you objecting to possibility that a
single agenda will overtake (nearly) the entire human population?

...one step closer to the demise of indivualism.

  Demagoguery.

     Dave!