 Off-Topic / Debate / 12185
  Frivolous lawsuits--a new winner?

(URL) (23 years ago, 30-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Frivolous lawsuits--a new winner?

(...) (URL) (23 years ago, 31-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Frivolous lawsuits--a new winner?

(...) I think in that second case, the plaintiff is in the right-- if the implication was that the prize was a car, then using trickery to get the motivational results pursuant to offering a car as a performance incentive is completely dishonest. (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Frivolous lawsuits--a new winner?

(...) I agree--I'd be especially interested to learn if some sort of inter-office memo had circulated, because the spelling of "Toyota" in such a document would seem a clear implication of the nature of the prize. (...) In addition, I flatly (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Frivolous lawsuits--a new winner?

(...) I heard of one where the winner of a contest was promised the keys to a brand new Porshe...and got just that. (...) Who was the fellow? Was he an orderly or some maintenance fellow? james (23 years ago, 31-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Frivolous lawsuits--a new winner?

(...) IANAL, so what do I know, but I think you're right. It seems clear a car was implied (especially since they took her to the parking lot to receive it). (...) Sure, I agree here too, but I still think the "McDonald's hot coffee spilled on lap" (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Frivolous lawsuits--a new winner?

(...) this persone was having trouble with. I hope it gets dismissed as baseless. Further, I'd like to see the law changed to have her pay the legal costs as well. THAT would cut down on frivolous lawsuits, if taking on deep pockets companies didn't (...) (23 years ago, 1-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Frivolous lawsuits--a new winner?

(...) communicated to her by her employer, than the Pop-Tart(tm) lady. Still marginal though... (23 years ago, 1-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)