 Off-Topic / Debate / 12115
Re: Go ahead, make my day!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 14:35:57 GMT

1. Considering that we are talking about felonies, it's rather a large
point.  And yes, the constant statement is "I'm going to come out blazing no
matter what the circumstances are, and I'll fake evidence and even execute
people to cover my tracks if my unthinking attitude puts me into a bad
situation."  It is this attitude that may get you into trouble, and I'm
trying to point out that you are on serious shakey grounds, legally and >morally.

Actually, that last bit there riles me up some.  Mostly because this sort of
started (at least on my end of it) because I did not sufficiently qualify
the scenarios I made up.  I really never stated anything to the effect that
I would come out shooting irrespective of the actual situation -- that puts
stuff in MY mouth.  Now I'm faking evidence first, and then executing
people? Wow!  Who knew

<snip>

Richard I totally agree with you here but would just like to point out that
Bruce MIGHT be responding to Tom S. who I think is shading a bit more
towards planting evidence than you.

Richard's statement that I was responding to refered to "No one here...",
i.e. he was refering to the respondents in the collective.  I replied in the
collective, which Richard seems to have missed.  I'm not going to reply to
Richard's message that you quoted a small part above from because it becomes
a descent into hysteria (if you really want a response, Richard, I can give
a private one, but I warn you I'll be very blunt).

For that matter, I see little point in responding to Tom, who comes up with
the Klassic Klueless Suicide Logic Bomb of dismissing everything I have to
say because I am from K(C)alifornia - which is pretty clueless in and of
itself, but with the added note that *he* is from California.  All I can do
is stand back and marvel that someone is that determined to make a fool of
himself.

I have seen an amazing parade of statements claiming I said this or that, or
challenging me on things I didn't say, or spinning scenarios that I said on
more than one occassion you had every right to go ahead and shoot, or even
that I should plant a sign telling thieves to come on in since I was unarmed
(which would be either entrapment or false advertising since I have noted on
numerous occasions that I have a variety of weapons).  My favorite was the
law quote that actually backed me up almost word for word.  All I said from
the beginning is simply that you do not have carte blanche to shoot
intruders.  Think otherwise?  Go check your state law.

Shrug.  People want their macho fantasies.

Bruce