 Off-Topic / Debate / 12126
Re: Go ahead, make my day!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 22:02:21 GMT

Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

For that matter, I see little point in responding to Tom, who comes up with
the Klassic Klueless Suicide Logic Bomb of dismissing everything I have to
say because I am from K(C)alifornia - which is pretty clueless in and of
itself, but with the added note that *he* is from California.  All I can do
is stand back and marvel that someone is that determined to make a fool of
himself.

You are the showing yourself to be the King Fool then.  You try to tell everyone else
that DOESN'T live in California how much trouble they'll get into, forgetting that the
World Does Not Revolve Around California, and laws in other states aren't necessarily
going to be the same as ours.  Fool you are, indeed.  Quote all the "experts" you want,
if they're basing their "facts" on California law, you are making a total fool of
yourself.

My favorite was the
law quote that actually backed me up almost word for word.

You can't read very well, can you?  I think you need to read that CO law again.

All I said from the beginning is simply that you do not have carte blanche to shoot
intruders.

Bull.  You then railed at people about all sorts of scenarios.  Scenarios that the CO
law would cover, regardless of your precious California law expert.

Think otherwise?  Go check your state law.

Now THAT is what you should have said in the first place.  And I suggest you check out
all 50 state laws - some are even more lenient than the CO law.

Shrug.  People want their macho fantasies.

If that's your answer to people showing what a fool you are, fine, we're all macho.
Whatever.