 Off-Topic / Debate / 12123
Re: Go ahead, make my day!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 21:13:02 GMT

Richard's statement that I was responding to refered to "No one here...",
i.e. he was refering to the respondents in the collective.  I replied in the
collective, which Richard seems to have missed.

Oops, could well be the case...!  And once we get to the "Dots" phase these
discussions get a lot ickier!

I'm not going to reply to Richard's message that you quoted a small part
above from because it becomes a descent into hysteria (if you really want a
response, Richard, I can give a private one, but I warn you I'll be very
blunt).

This sounds a lot like you would have nothing substantive to state...but
sure, whatever you can dish out I can take.  Can you handle a reasoned
discussion in front of others?  I am not sure why you are responding so
emotionally.  I qualified a lot of my statements about your arguments with
"ifs", reference to your "apparent views," and numerous queries.  I don't
want to assume your views, but I have been trying to understand your
position. I just don't get your vehemence.

What I get is that you weren't stating or meaning X, but then I and others
weren't stating and meaning Y either.  Fine.  I also get that our opinions
are not actually miles apart, but only distinguished by the smaller points
you choose to highlight vs. what myself and some of the others have stated
as our key points.

Shrug.  People want their macho fantasies.

Well, if my scenario of a man cowering in his house in fear/confusion, and
acting out of love for his family is my big "macho fantasy" then so be it!
Y'know, I didn't state that I would eat the intruders testicles off with my
teeth or anything --now that would take some courage.  "Urban Oysters" anyone?

But whatever...

-- Hop-Frog