 Off-Topic / Debate / 12124
Re: Go ahead, make my day!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 21:32:01 GMT

I have seen an amazing parade of statements claiming I said this or that, or
challenging me on things I didn't say

With this in mind, and in order to eliminate further confusion,I've
compiled the following small (and by no means complete) list.

On one or more occasions Bruce has claimed:

1) that he can freeze or boil water in his bare hands

But not above 6000 feet!

2) that he can get a single olive out of a jar with one finger

You poke your pinky into the hole - don't try and actually grab it.

3) that apples and oranges really *can* be compared

They are both fruits - now, apples and coproliths...

4) that he is responsible for all those crop circles

Just spinning my Miata in tight circles, honest officer!

5) that he was abducted by aliens during the summer of 1999

I was coordinating the upcoming attack with John Smallberries, actually.

6) that he abducted aliens during the autumn of 1999

Ah, now that's more like it!

7) that you don't really need vowels in your last name

Living proof of that:  Schlczkbrndt.

8) that he invented the process by which toothpaste tubes are rolled

Patent pending.

9) that "Hannah" is really "Bob" spelled backwards

I'm more of a Chuck Jones kinda guy.

10) that time goes faster if you move really slowly

"To get anywhere, you must run twice as fast."

11) that he once owned a sled named Rosebud

Before Laser Discs and DVDs, I was actually able to spot the name of the
other sled that gets burned.  But I forget what it was....

12) that the use of the word "proactive" is punishable by death

No, people who propogate viruses should be punished by death.  No trial.
Drawn, hanged, quartered and mercilessly tickled.

13) that he can bend his elbows in either direction

But only once.

14) that he personally witnessed the sinking of Titanic

I was driving the iceberg in a steady fashion, officer, when this luxury
liner jumped out from behind a tree.

15) that he can dog-paddle for hours at a time

But not if I'm in water.

16) that Ginzu knives aren't really as sharp as the commercials say

I always find these things at rental condos at Mammoth.  They couldn't cut
warm butter.

17) that he has a signed original copy of "On The Road"

Lost it in a poker game with Elvis, Judge Crater and Fox Mulder.

18) that he voted for Pierce in the election of 1852

I always vote for losers (wags will point out that I voted for Clinton).

19) that it is best to Buy Low and to Sell High

What's good for the President is good for me - though I can't afford the
drugs he could.

20) that chicken bones should not be given to dogs

Unless you don't like the dog.

21) that his first name is an anagram of "cherub"

That's just short for Chernabog.

22) that he used to work at a lumbermill in Wisconsin

Oh, I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay...

23) that clowns and mimes should be watched with suspicion

My very good friend, Sam Suspicion.  Comes from an acting family (this is
SoCal, remember).

24) that he is invisible when no one is looking at him

My co-workers fell over laughing at this one.

25) that toads are smarter than frogs

Which isn't saying a whole lot.

26) that his teeth are constantly replaced, like a sharks

Crowns.  I grind the poor things to powder.

27) that celophane can be used to make inexpensive under-garments

Makes you walk a little funny, though.

28) that rock does not beat scissors, nor does paper beat rock

The rock was pumice, but shaped as an arrow-head.

29) that he was overlooked in the 1998 NFL draft

I came out of college early, too.  All the agents mumbled something about
being middle-aged, nevertheless.  I could see the ball perfectly fine with
my bifocals!

30) that DNA evidence has completely exonerated him

Thank heavens Monica actually washed that dress.