 Off-Topic / Debate / 12114
Re: Factory Pictures Finally
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 14:02:20 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jesse Alan Long writes:
In lugnet.town, Jason Spears writes:
In lugnet.town, Jesse Alan Long writes:
In lugnet.town, Jesse Alan Long writes:
In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Jason Spears writes:
Well Anyhow, LMKWYT,
Jason
I am sorry, Jason, but that appears to be the gymnasium of my old high
school.  I am serious, the gymnasium looks like that building, except that
it is all brown and dark red.

Jesse Long

I never meant to insult you, Jason but it is the truth but since I do not
know how to get a map of the entire high school on that computer site, you
would know what I mean so do not take my words as an insult.  Maybe I can
take some pictures of factories so that you could make LEGO Town buildings
for them.  I will try to find the computer site for Aqua Glass, a large
fiberglass plant in the county west of this county, so that I can possibly
obtain a picture for your factory.

Jesse Long

Jesse,

I didn't take your first post as an insult.  Although with this new post of
yours I am reconsidering that.  Actually I am having a little trouble
understanding what you are saying but if I am correct, you are telling me that
my factory doesn't look like a factory to you and I should change it for you.
Make it look like some other factory that you may or maynot be able to figure
out how to show me.  Modify my design just to please you.  In case you didn't
notice it's called a MOC for a reason.  MY OWN CREATION.  Constructive
critizism is one things, but if I built a house and you say "It looks like a
donut shop, and oh by the way here are some pictures of real house, model after
this" should I change MY design?  No.  If I built a house and you mention "that
maybe a mailbox out front, or a light above the garage door, or if I tried this
other window techinique might look neat" than that is something completely
different.

Now if that wasn't what you were trying to say, then let me apologize for my
rant.  Critizism and praise are great.  Tell me you like, tell me you hate it,
but never tell me to change the entire thing because you think it looks like
some place near you.

-Jason

It appears to me that the computer network is experiencing some problems
today.  If you did not receive my post about this post, then it must have
been lost in Lugnet.

I have had  a change of heart and believe that you should simply try to find
some black and yellow striped LEGO plates (or alternate small black and
yellow LEGO plates should you not be able to find the striped LEGO plates)
for your forklift enterance and some 2x2 cylinderical LEGO bricks for
smokestacks (unless the environmentalists protest about pollution, then you
may have to find other LEGO pieces) for your factory.

I said that the building resembled my high school for two reasons.  The
first reason was that it really does look like the gymnasium of my high
school.  The second reason is that it reminds me of high school.  I
graduated in 1999 and it seems people at that time thought, "White + male +
disgruntled + teenager + male = terrorist" and needless to say, I am not
happy with law enforcement officials or even school board members and I do
not even like going to pre trial diversion (I have my own feelings on that
issue).  I never committed any acts or threats but my attitudes, at least to
the opinions of these people, seemed to indicate that I was a threat and
that is a total lie.  I believe that if anything HAD occured, it was the
fact that I had a premonition because the same week that this occured, two
other people, who were black, was fighting over a black girl and one of
those people brought a rifle to school and I was actually wondering if he
would harm ME!

I am sorry if I sounded as though I was trying to make a soap box issue to
trying to sound like a former guest on a talk show but high school, for the
most part, really traumatized me and now people think that I am an evil,
psychotic jerk and if anything is true, they usually end up acting that way
to me so, what was I trying to say again to you?  I remember now what I was
going to say to you, Jason.

I guess where you see a factory, some other person sees a warehouse and I
see a part of a school.  I guess the truth is that it is a matter of
perspective so why argue about perspective, Jason?  I do believe that it
would make a better warehouse but that is merely my opinion and not to be
taken as a word of law.  (The views, expressions, and opinions of Jesse Long
do not necessarily reflect those of the Jesse Long Network.)

Jesse Long

I still do not see why he has to change it to siut you.  its a factory to him.
Josh