 Off-Topic / Debate / 12050
    Re: National vote on handguns? —Enrique Durand
   (...) You are absolutely right. In fact, why stop there? Since so many crimes involve cars (have you ever heard of a get-away bicycle), we should ban private ownership of cars as well. And since the right to drive is not guaranteed anywhere in the (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: National vote on handguns? —Christopher L. Weeks
   (...) private (...) be (...) You know what? Not all crimes involve guns. Not all crimes involve cars. But ALL crimes involve brains. If we made it illegal to possess a brain, ALL crime would stop. We could remove brains from children as they are (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: National vote on handguns? —James Trobaugh
   (...) Chris brings up a good point in sarcastic kind of way; Is man capable of living in a crime free society? Think back to the story of Eden, only two people and they too committed a crime even though they were living the "perfect" life. I think (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: National vote on handguns? —Kirby Warden
   This somewhat illustrates one of my points in the Brave New World thread... cloning advances seem to be on a parallel with population control, and may eventually serve to eradicate individualism. (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: National vote on handguns? —Dave Schuler
   (...) You are, no doubt, referring to *genetic* individualism rather than some boogie-man "cloned mind" scenario, since I'm sure you're aware that identical twins are not the same individual, and also that clones would likewise be two (or two (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)