 Off-Topic / Debate / 12062
Re: National vote on handguns?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 03:03:08 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Enrique Durand writes:

You are absolutely right. In fact, why stop there? Since so many crimes
involve cars (have you ever heard of a get-away bicycle), we should ban • private
ownership of cars as well. And since the right to drive is not guaranteed
anywhere in the Constitution, we don't even have to vote on it. It could just • be
decreed.

You know what?  Not all crimes involve guns.  Not all crimes involve cars.  But
ALL crimes involve brains.  If we made it illegal to possess a brain, ALL crime
would stop.  We could remove brains from children as they are born, and within
about eighty years, we'd have no more crime.  For all time!  A permanent peace
would decend on the world and our ten thousand year crime spree would finally
end.

Chris

Chris brings up a good point in sarcastic kind of way; Is man capable of
living in a crime free society? Think back to the story of Eden, only two
people and they too committed a crime even though they were living the
"perfect" life. I think it's just part of human nature to make bad choices,
and no matter how many laws or rules we apply, we can't control human nature.

Really all we can do is make sure there are consequences for one's actions,
and that they are applied as evenly as possible.

jt