 Off-Topic / Debate / 12061
Re: National vote on handguns?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 00:56:20 GMT

Tell ya what though -- would everyone doubting the asserted foundational
principles of "life, liberty, and property" please send me ALL of their
lego.  I am sure I can put it to better use -- and if you don't want to
"own" it, I will!

I know this was a throw-away comment, but...

One could be against the notion of ownership and still be reasonable in owning
stuff under our current system.  I know someone who thinks that we should
accept that we are at best stewards of property for a time, and that the
concept of ownership is a sham.  Yet he owns stuff.  I don't think this is
contradictory because he knows (or thinks, or whatever) that he is living in an
imperfect system and while he lobbies for change, he must still exist in
today's world.  And so, he goes along playing the game of owning stuff while
not believing it for a second.

Chris