 Off-Topic / Debate / 11659
Re: Laws about sex.... (was something else)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 21:17:36 GMT

I suspect that even if there are not specific and precise laws about it there
are generally vague laws that could (and would) be used to prosecute the
parents under some circumstances if/when pushed by busy-bodies.

Right! We have some impressively vague and unenforced laws. For example,
apparently Bill Clinton and Gary Condit(1) may both be "sex offenders" under
DC law, since adultery is illegal in DC. Matters not whether all parties
involved consent or not..

We need to winnow our laws. Throw out the ones that don't belong, and
enforce the few remaining consistently.

1 - For those not up on US news, Rep. Condit had an intern, who has
disappeared. Although he at first denied it, it is looking more and more
like that he was having an affair with her (which was in a sense, "cheating"
on his alleged long term girlfriend... and of course, he and his girlfriend
were cheating on his wife!)

++Lar

OK, here's a nicely vague one for you.

http://news.excite.com/news/ap/010704/15/obscene-journal