 Off-Topic / Debate / 11014
Re: Sanctions (was: Libertarian Propaganda)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 17 Jun 2001 20:16:11 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Matthew Gerber writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Daniel Jassim writes:
Whatever. If you're saying you behave this crude in person, why don't you
come down here to LA and show me? Otherwise, keep the bullsh*t to yourself
and stop hiding behind your computer. Learn some manners.

Boy Larry, I am SO glad you started the 'Libertarian Propaganda'  thread.
(s) This is just do damn enlightening.

Yeah, Larry!  It's your fault that Tom is rude and that Daniel wants to fight
him over it.  Shame on you.

Actually, I have found it wildly instructive to force myself to appreciate
someone who is being rude to me.  In certain usenet forums that I have
frequented, it was not uncommon to be called an idiot somewhere in a note that
was full of good ideas.  Some people react to that by shutting down the garage
door of thought and being merely defensive.  Some people (usually me) get a
little defensive but carry on with the conversation in fairly good spirits.
And some people (occasionally me) are able to just carry on the conversation as
if their fellow had not behaved poorly at all.  That is the height of etiquette
mastery, in my opinion.

The farther down that list of reactions we can make ourselves, the closer to
enlightenment we come.

Chris