 Off-Topic / Debate / 10380
    Re: Rolling Blackouts —Scott P. Costello
   Here are the predictions for Southern California summer of 2001: 1. Hottest summer in years 2. Rolling Blackouts on a daily basis 3. $3 a gallon gasoline What it means to us personally: Heat will cause us all to get heat stroke. No relief at home (...) (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Rolling Blackouts —Frank Filz
   (...) Perhaps people will start to realize the economic folly of living in the desert.... (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Rolling Blackouts —Bruce Schlickbernd
     (...) Yer all softies. I was born and bred in de briar patch, and I grew up without air conditioners at school, home, or the car. Give me Joshua Tree and some water (for the water colors, mind you, not to drink - that's for sissies). Death Valley on (...) (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Rolling Blackouts —James Simpson
   (...) I'd say that the folly is not so much living in the desert but trying to turn the desert into an oasis capable of supporting millions of people in a manner of living that is more suited to the humid east than to the Mediterranean climate of (...) (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Rolling Blackouts —Scott P. Costello
   (...) First and foremost, it is incorrect to say that Southern California, or LA is a desert. The beauty of So Cal is that we have variety. Parts of the area are desert, but other parts are mountainous, swampy, rolling hills, and even forested. You (...) (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Rolling Blackouts —James Simpson
   (...) I concede that I painted the geography of the region with too broad a brush, though I certainly meant no offense and I apologize if any was taken. I understand that the variety of landscape, vegetation, and climate, as well as proximity to (...) (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Rolling Blackouts —Bruce Schlickbernd
   (...) If all the &%$#! New Yorkers would stop moving here, it wouldn't be a problem. :-) Mono Lake is slowly going back up, and the Owens River exists again. Honestly, if the water had been left in the Owens Valley, you'd simply have seen more (...) (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)