 Off-Topic / Debate / 10385
Re: Rolling Blackouts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 19:53:34 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Frank Filz writes:
Scott Costello wrote:

Here are the predictions for Southern California summer of 2001:

1. Hottest summer in years
2. Rolling Blackouts on a daily basis
3. $3 a gallon gasoline

What it means to us personally:

Heat will cause us all to get heat stroke. No relief at home because we have
to conserve, heck even if we want to turn on the air conditioner it will
quickly be turned off by rolling blackouts, and finally we cannot drive
anywhere for relief becuse gas is too expensive.

Perhaps people will start to realize the economic folly of living in the
desert....

Yer all softies.  I was born and bred in de briar patch, and I grew up
without air conditioners at school, home, or the car.  Give me Joshua Tree
and some water (for the water colors, mind you, not to drink - that's for
sissies).  Death Valley on a sunny summer day.  Bodie and ladle on some
extra dust.  Can't stand the heat?  Go back to New England!

And if enough of you furriners leave, we can turn back on the air
conditioners....

Bruce