 Off-Topic / Debate / 10116
Re: A question of remembrance...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2001 18:55:28 GMT

That was in the bad old days... most other countries were doing pretty much
the same - or wanted to.

Great! So now that your country has the benefits of conquest -- wealth and
power -- it is possible for it to show the "kinder and gentler" face of
colonialism -- the hypocrisy of the congenial tyrant. I'd just like you to
know that other countries do not feel about the U.K. as you might feel about it.

Have you ever seen the "Evil Dead 2: Dead By Dawn"?  There is a scene in
this film where the character Ash just having come out of a bout of
possession with dead spirits is about to be killed by Annie...

ASH: No! No wait! Listen to me! I'm alright now. That thing is gone! Damn
it! I said I was alright! Are you listening to me? You hear what I'm saying?
I'm alright! I'm alright.

ANNIE: OK, maybe you are. But for how long?

See my point?

-- Richard