 Off-Topic / Debate / *8081 (-10)
  Re: Polyamory

(...) You say "government" like it were an entity which just appeared after some sort of a coup. Here in the UK, the government exists "create an open and inclusive society, where rights are balanced with responsibilities, and where every citizen (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Polyamory

(...) I think they can. (...) I accept that the majority in a society can implement change - we call it democracy. Scott A (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Polyamory

(...) Well, in the society I am part of polyamory and polygamy are not socially acceptable. Scott A (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Polyamory

(...) (not interested in the debate, just forgot to add .debate back into my skip filter, and this caught my eye) If this is your argument against polyamory, then it's also your arguement against any kind of familial relationship. Person A = parent (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Christian morality (cont)

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ... (...) He was responding to an invitation to expand on something. At least this thread is on-topic for its subject! Kevin (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Christian morality (cont)

Hi Steve, That was interesting, and it certainly makes a change from Leviticus and the crimes of Sodom :-). However, I don't think it tells me anything that makes me more sympathetic to the Christian POV on sexual morality, or changes my own views. (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Polyamory

(...) The latter. -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Polyamory

(...) Yet you continue to ignore the fact that polyamory or polygamy CAN result in familial love (multiple children from mixed "couples"), so it does have bearing. -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Christian morality (cont)

(...) This happens to turn out to not be actually true if one steps outside the human species. Further it's not true in principle for humans today, and as medical science continues to advance, soon it won't be true in actuality. (...) What does the (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Polyamory

(...) No. I wrote state because I meant state. Societies can't express preferences. Members of societes can (forcibly) *impose* their preferences on other members, through the mechanics of the state, but the society as a whole cannot have a (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact