 Off-Topic / Debate / 8078
Re: Polyamory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 07:17:26 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Eric Joslin writes:

Person A is in a relationship with both persons B and C.  B and C both want A
to do something, and A cannot do both (what those things are doesn't matter).
A is forced to choose, merely by dint of being in a relationship with two
people simultaneously.

(not interested in the debate, just forgot to add .debate back into my skip
filter, and this caught my eye)

If this is your argument against polyamory, then it's also your arguement
against any kind of familial relationship.

Person A = parent
Persons B & C = children

Life isn't fair.  Sometimes you *can't* be there, whether it's for your child,
or your husband, or your 4th co-spouse.  Realizing that is part of contributing
to any relationship.

James
(adding .debate back to my skip filter now - I'd forgotten what a sinkhole this
place is)