 Off-Topic / Debate / *7716 (-10)
  Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?

(...) Certainly. But it avoids having to state your own positions which _is_ a requirement in real debating. So, Tom, what do you believe? -Jon (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?

Why does it matter when debating? Devil's advocate is often the best debating form. (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | Please do not associate my personal views with my employer (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Libertarian debate in danger of pollution (was Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?

(...) Oh, Ok. I must have missed Bill's "flaws". Can you point the way for me? (what posting?) Or perhaps state your sentiments? -Jon (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?

[Much snippage] (...) I can see where he's going with it. It's an old chestnut, basically that only the brave and committed--those above 'so tall' (or is it a statement on predestination--only those predisposed to being this tall? Bill, have you (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Libertarian debate in danger of pollution (was Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?

(...) Hardly. In the few minutes I have each day to jump into the fray, I've noticed a distinct tendency of many to jab at Christianity, without ever stating their own positions. This morning (my local time), I've merely asked a few of the posters (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

"Selçuk Göre" <ssgore@superonline.com> wrote in message news:3A27D64E.2969F5...ine.com... (...) He's just curious, really. I'm a Christian, by believing in the teachings of Christ in the Bible. I share the same sentiments on how flawed (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?

(...) Knowing (if I was God) something - a path is drawn - doesn't mean that I drew the line. You still draw the line - I am just a witness to it. Many, many people get hung up on this point. (...) Perhaps that's a theological point of departure for (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Libertarian debate in danger of pollution (was Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?

(...) What are you trying to do? Are you the gate keeper of heaven (or hell)? Selçuk (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Libertarian debate in danger of pollution (was Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?

(...) Tim - What do you believe? Whether or not you have a 'rational' explaination... -Jon (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New LEGO factory inaugurated

(...) Perhaps it's meant as an ironic comment. As an American living in the Netherlands, I can tell you that they don't work any harder here than they do at home. [1] (If anything, 5:00pm is even *more* sacrosanct here--the traffic pulse is (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact