 Off-Topic / Debate / *3011 (-10)
  Re: Brad - TLC needs to minimize packaging

John, (...) Oh, I agree with the concept of them doing what they are supposed to do. Having them in the first place, on the other hand.... Don't worry, John, I am having a case of me overgoverning again, and it just booms out of me every now and (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Brad - TLC needs to minimize packaging

Scott E. Sanburn wrote in message <386A025E.278F00DF@c...eb.net>... (...) A quick search on the net found that Japan and Germany have laws such as I mentioned, and, voila! so does the US, many of them in fact. Maybe you missed this pork while the (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

Since Larry is the most eloquent than I can ever be, I will just agree with him and be done with this. Scott Larry Pieniazek wrote: < Snipped the Larry & Jasper commentary > ___...___ Scott E. Sanburn -> ssanburn@cleanweb.net Work Email -> (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Brad - TLC needs to minimize packaging

< Cross posted to off.topic.debate > (...) Well, all packages contain what they have in there (i.e. 5.5 oz, etc.) The packages may need downsizing, which I can agree with, but the government taking action against them? What agency should look at (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

(...) Why? Is it OK to break the law if it was long enough ago and you didn't get caught? That seems to be George W's perspective. Hogwash. It is either wrong and the law should be changed, or it isn't. (...) What do you mean? Quayle came right out (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

(...) That one is actually beyond the statute of limitations and thus irrelevant. (...) That one is not proved and not provable, AFAIK. (...) And here you're agreeing with me. I don't however think Clinton is any worse than the alternative. Jasper (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

(...) Agreed. One cannot ignore a law because one feels it is unjust if one is a politician. One must stand up and say "I think this law is wrong and I will work to get it changed" and take the lumps, not secretly disobey it. If one cannot support (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

(...) Just a quickie here: This definition isn't "bloody": (URL) but I didn't see 80% mentioned in it. Rather, I saw the use of "exclusive" pretty much exclusively. 80% isn't exclusive, it isn't even close. So 80% share is NOT a monopoly. It's (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

(...) Microsoft has 80%+ market share in the consumer OS market. It is _by_bloody_definition_ a monopoly. (...) Amendment, BTW. (...) Kenn Starr should have been fired a long time before all the trouble started. If I didn't know better, I'd think he (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: LEGO Direct Questions

(...) We're not lucky, just more market oriented. Not to mention smarter and handsomer. Seriously, you can't have it both ways. Of COURSE stuff is generally cheaper here (not just in dollar to dollar terms, but in terms of the time it takes to earn (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact