 Off-Topic / Debate / *25896 (-10)
  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

John wrote in message ... (...) That (...) Merely (...) Basically, yes. But some people distinguish between homosexual (attracted to the same sex) and gay (attracted to the same sex and itentifying themselves as part of the gay community). (...) Not (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) We can't be sure, but the fact that non-human animals have demonstrated homosexual preferences suggests that it could very well be genetic for many people. For others it could be psychological (horribly traumatized by one or more members of (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Logic dictates that he cannot think that LGBT tendancies are genetically influenced, since simultaneously claiming them to be sinful would be as socially regressive as saying that it's sinful to be born with a birthspot. He can't have it both (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) John asked a simple question which I think is a common misconception. It can be summed up with a few definitions which should help clarify (and these definitions are scholarly, you can disagree with them if you wish - I'm just putting out (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) Let's turn the tables on that question. What makes someone hetero? Merely the fact that they are attracted to the opposite sex? If the answer is no to the above questions does that mean that virgins are neither homosexual or heterosexual but (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) What definition are you talking about?? I was simply asking a question and he posts, puts words into my mouth and then calls it *sick*. Needless to say I didn't appreciate his tangental interruption into an area I had had a genuine interest to (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) I strongly considered correcting Terry, but noted that he wasn't calling you sick, rather your definition sick. Nevertheless, his tone does concern me and other LUGNET admins and we're keeping a close eye on his posts too [1]. Terry -- please (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) Ahh, pejorative remarks like being called "*sick*"? Gotcha. JOHN (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) No thats an effect, not a cause. (...) I would tend to think they're more likely to consider themselves bi, or a repressed gay that's been trying out hetero for a while (for whatever reason). ROSCO (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) "What does made someone gay?". Deer, deer, the buck stops here. (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact