 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 843
Re: Mega bloks compatible?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 20:57:27 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, A. Mark Wilburn writes:

incidentally, a Best Lock brick will fit atop a LEGO one (and vice versa) but
since they're not the same height, you would have to build completely in
strata.

  Best-Lock is 20LDU's tall, while LEGO is the "correct" 24LDU's tall.  That
means, of course, that six Best-Lock bricks are as tall as five LEGO bricks, so
you can cheat a little.  Also, Best-Lock has a few 120LDU wall pieces that can
be incorporated into LEGO without too much trouble. The main problem is that
Best-Lock doesn't grip LEGO studs too well, and they're also 6LDU's tall, so
LEGO plates don't sit well atop Best-Lock.

     Dave!