 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 712 (-10)
  Re: Weird LEGO-like mecha toys

(...) Mmmm. My boys are certainly waaaay keener on the Blok Bots than slizers or robo riders. And I do agree on the blocks hanging on - maybe they're a bit sharper too. In any event, they're certainly a bit harder on the finger tips. Good and cheap. (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Old clone spotted: Polly - Info anyone?

I already have a few of these, but found a bag of 30+ on a flee market and bought them for US$ 0,50. They look really old, but attach firmly. Does anyone have info on them? How old could they be? Where were they made? Anything? -- Tore Eriksson (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Weird LEGO-like mecha toys

(...) They are VERY lego-like and pretty good quality too. I am beginning to think that as the quality differences between TLC's bricks and Mega Block's bricks narrows, the price of the MB bricks is going to win out with me -- and no, not for all (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Weird LEGO-like mecha toys

WHY CAN'T LEGO DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT!!!!! *fume, rant, pull hair* Boy, if only Mark S. or Bryce were on the design team, we could go out and buy a Big Blue. T_T Jim (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Weird LEGO-like mecha toys

Now those are just darn cool. I wish LEGO would come up with something similar using the ThrowBots ball joints. They wouldn't have to be particularly complex, but they could still be very stylish. Thanks for the link. ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Weird LEGO-like mecha toys

(...) Wow! I have no idea what they are, but there are plenty of stores in Boston that carry Japanese toys, so maybe they'll crop up in one of them eventually. That said, I got all excited for a second because it seemed like the parts were all (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Weird LEGO-like mecha toys

It's in Japanese: (URL) knows what they are? Are they only available in Japan? This site is worth browsing around for any mecha fans: (URL) got lots of good quality photos of the newest Japanese mecha toys and models for inspiration. ;) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.build.mecha)

  "Bricks" (former Byggis) now made in China

While shopping ÖoB in Örnsköldsvik (N. Sweden), I found a pile of Bricks boxes. Where it used to read something like: Made in Sweden by Playbox, Älmhult, there is a self-adhesive label reading: Made in China by (I don't remember...). The bricks (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Clones Database (was Re: MB sightings)

(...) Really? Cool! What kind of MB parts were used? Does anyone have pictures? Dave! (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Clones Database (was Re: MB sightings)

(...) And there you have it. Not quite as likely as once thought. (Hmm... I wrote the above weeks ago... I must be getting slower...) Thank you for you word of clarification Todd. Rich -- Have Fun! C-Ya! Legoman34 ***** Legoman34 (Richard W. (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact