 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2887 (-10)
  Re: Best-Lock update

(...) jerry have you tried any clones at all? i don't mind a clone once in a while, i mainly buy them for the models (military assortment, and good amount of bricks for the price) and i don't mix them with other brands (just my personal preference). (...) (16 years ago, 10-Jul-08, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Best-Lock update

(...) hey dave, long time no see! i just barely discovered the bloks forum site. i'll be visiting in the next couple of days to post some tyco scans. ..joseph g (16 years ago, 10-Jul-08, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Best-Lock update

Looks like BestLock are trying to fill a gap here - Playmobil is somewhat successful with their Romans theme, but there hasn't been anything alike in the brick scene. I've become somewhat hesitant w/regard to clone brands over the years - they (...) (16 years ago, 10-Jul-08, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Best-Lock update

(...) Hi, Jorge! We've had a little discussion about these over at The Bloks Forum, but I'm not sure that anyone has seen these sets in person as yet. They do indeed look pretty cool--I especially like the body shields and the helmets. If you come (...) (16 years ago, 10-Jul-08, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Best-Lock update

looks like best-lock is finally getting their page updated (some pages still under construction). this roman boat looks kinda cool: (URL) anybody (lego or clone company) ever done romans? ..joseph g (16 years ago, 9-Jul-08, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Cyborean Fighter

(...) Dave, Dave, Dave. There is no sensor technology sensitive enough to detect humor in a Pauly Shore routine. Although, I hear his routines are quite popular amongst Vorgans (of Galactic Hitchhiker fame). I think that the ship fits well with the (...) (16 years ago, 7-Jul-08, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Cyborean Fighter

Here's an apocryphal addition to Mega Bloks' long-defunct but still cool Planetoids line: The Cyborean Fighter (URL) (reverse view) (URL) Constructed entirely of Mega Bloks elements, many with direct LEGO equivalents. The sensor disc just behind the (...) (16 years ago, 6-Jul-08, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: FOTW

(...) Way to go Dave! The day you posted this I found some containers of LEGO parts at a yard sale. There were also a couple of containers of Mega Bloks I was forced to buy because I could see some LEGO hull pieces in a container of MB ships, and I (...) (16 years ago, 17-Jun-08, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  (New) Aluminum 2x4 Brick keychains

Several years ago, in a computer controlled machining class, I designed my first clone brick--in aluminum. The bricks are exactly the same size as the offical thing, and work pretty well with each other or with "the leading brand." Mostly it was a (...) (16 years ago, 3-Apr-08, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.market.brickshops, FTX)

  Re: A big ol' garage

(...) This now begs the question, how many ldu's long is a matchbox car, and do they make trailer trucks and fire engines in matchbox scale. The garage looks like a modern firestation garage, after all. (17 years ago, 1-Mar-08, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact