 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2820
  Re: K'Nex enters the fray

(...) This really pretty big news and seems to have not got much press around here. I stumbed across a link to this site being advertised on BrickShelf: (2 URLs) For those who like K'nex or thought it may have possibilities in the Lego world, now (...) (17 years ago, 17-Jan-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Re: K'Nex enters the fray

(...) A lot of the proportions of K'nex line up perfectly with certain stud lengths so this could be even bigger/more important than that first glance implies. It certainly has my attention. After all certain things are better suited to the angles (...) (17 years ago, 17-Jan-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: K'Nex enters the fray

(...) From an LDraw standpoint, I'm hopeful that Ryan Farrington has the means/will/resources/time to enhance his excellent library of LDraw-compatible K'Nex elements by incorporating some of these new pieces. I'm not a great fan of K'Nex, but I (...) (17 years ago, 17-Jan-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: K'Nex enters the fray

Pretty neat. Too bad we can't see more of the brick. BTW, Sploids let one connect Lego Bricks to Knex too : ) (...) (17 years ago, 30-Jan-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: K'Nex enters the fray

(...) So far the bricks consist of 1x2, 2x2, 2x4, and a special 2x8 by 2x10 T brick. Plates are 2x4 and 4x10 with a large bow plate for vehicles. There are 3 sizes of contoured slopes in right and left pairs, and a 2x4 rounded slope. The heart of (...) (17 years ago, 1-Feb-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: K'Nex enters the fray

(...) Thanks for the info. It all sounds like a nice direction for K'nex. I suppose what I am really hoping for is a K'nex roller coaster, like their old Screamin' Serpent set, that can seat mini-figs. Now that would be awesome. -Mike Petrucelli (17 years ago, 2-Feb-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: K'Nex enters the fray

(...) Whoops. left out 2 other elements in the K'nex brix series. axels that look like real automotive axels...long black rods with standard knex hubs to receive knex wheels, but a row of studs in the center of the axel, and also another brick, a (...) (17 years ago, 3-Feb-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)