 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2802 (-20)
  K'Nex enters the fray

K'nex has started selling brick knex hybrid construction sets. They utilize a locking pin mechanism to join knex to plates and bricks (provided). The bricks are done on standard lego scale, and come in several forms not available from other (...) (18 years ago, 28-Dec-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mega Bloks Gundams for sale on Hobby Japan's site

(...) Thanks, Bryce! This is great for those who've been waiting these past months for exactly this news. I hope that these trickle into the North American market via some avenue more cost-effective than eBay, but we'll see. Dave! (18 years ago, 6-Dec-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Mega Bloks Gundams for sale on Hobby Japan's site

I thought this might be of interest to you guys: (URL) a story on the MechaHub about Mega Bloks Gundams for sale> (18 years ago, 6-Dec-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: Apocryphal Blacktron (revisited once again)

(...) Readers may recall Hop Frog's excellent (URL) Trident Pod MOC> in the style of the much-beloved Blacktron line. The Trident is particularly nice for its use of the rare two-piece canopy element and the 2x2 rounded grill-tiles, all in (...) (18 years ago, 24-Nov-06, to lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Medium-Range Shuttle

(...) Hi Avery! Thanks for looking, and thanks very much for the feedback! The cone elements are pretty rare (to nonexistent) in recent sets, but they were fairly common a few years back. You can see some as part of the forward array on the 9332 (...) (18 years ago, 16-Nov-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Medium-Range Shuttle

(...) I was scratching my head over the nose elements until I realized that those were wing pieces I had seen from another set, good use there. I agree, the trans red does maximize sensor coolness. I have not seen the pieces in any MB sets for the (...) (18 years ago, 12-Nov-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Medium-Range Shuttle

I give you the Planetoids II Medium-Range Shuttle. With comfortable seating for a single occupant, this craft boasts impressive speed and sufficient defensive armament to discourage all but the most determined interference. Note the pair of (...) (18 years ago, 7-Nov-06, to lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Review of LotRs Prancing Pony

(...) I don't know that this exactly qualifies as breaking news, but I just stumbled upon a nice review of this set, complete with good, clear pictures. Read it (URL) here>, if you're interested. The whole Intelli-Blox Lord of the Rings series was (...) (18 years ago, 31-Oct-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Pyrates Battle for Treasure Island on sale at Aldi

(...) Thanks for the heads up, Marc--I believe this retailed for $49.99 in first release. Do you mean the bag-your-own grocery store Aldi? We have one semi-locally, but it's a little too out of the way for weekly perishables. Dave! (18 years ago, 30-Oct-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Pyrates Battle for Treasure Island on sale at Aldi

I don't know if this is a deal or not, but for what it's worth: (2 URLs) $29.95 at Aldi stores.> Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (18 years ago, 30-Oct-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Problems with the Bloks Forum

Hyperboards is getting pounded by spambots, and the bogus traffic is making it hard to view the forums, much less post to them. When I was last able to get into the site, there were a few dozen crap-posts, hawking all kinds of products wholesome and (...) (18 years ago, 25-Oct-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Buddha Bot

(...) Whoops! Scratch that bit about the 45-degree slopes--closer inspection reveals them to have the LEGO-standard peg on the underside, rather than the Mega Bloks design. But the 1x2 brick with the six rectangular grooves near the hip joint, (...) (18 years ago, 20-Oct-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Buddha Bot

(...) Good call! The 45-degree inverse slopes on the left arm also appear to be Mega Bloks, as are several other visible elements. Nice spotting! Dave! (18 years ago, 19-Oct-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Review of MB 3731 SNAKE Mobile Defense Unit

(...) It looks kind of like a (URL) M270 MLRS>. Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (18 years ago, 18-Oct-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Review of MB 3731 SNAKE Mobile Defense Unit

Review of Mega Bloks 3731 SNAKE Mobile Defense Unit Number of Pieces: 235 Number of Figures: 1 Accessories: Hand-held Machine Gun MSRP: About $15.00 (on sale at KMart for $13.49) This was the first ProBuilder set I picked up in quite a while, due to (...) (18 years ago, 18-Oct-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  USB hard drive shaped like your fave brick

A friend forwarded this to me, so i figured I'd put you all on to it. The title of this post pretty much explains it all. Here's the link: (URL) (18 years ago, 18-Oct-06, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Buddha Bot

(...) Xpost and FUT to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands See the MB 2x4 red plate on the right (?) knee. Didier (18 years ago, 17-Oct-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: HLJ listing MegaBloks Gundam and Zaku II

(...) Thanks again, Ka-On! I know that LEGO purists decry these sets for being Mega Bloks or for being too expensive, but I'm more and more enthused with each photo I see. We may need to set up a road trip to Tokyo once these hit the market. Dave! (18 years ago, 5-Sep-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: HLJ listing MegaBloks Gundam and Zaku II

Oh better pics again. (URL) again rest of the site is not work safe. (18 years ago, 2-Sep-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: E. Brick?

(...) Does seem expensive, and I don't use Paypal, but the price does include shipping world-wide. (18 years ago, 25-Aug-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact