 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2799
Re: Apocryphal Blacktron (revisited once again)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 24 Nov 2006 15:34:17 GMT

In lugnet.space, Dave Schuler wrote:
   Here’s a little something for the purists:

http://members.bellatlantic.net/~drteeth1/images/b-tron01.jpg

More to follow. Enjoy!

Readers may recall Hop Frog’s excellent Trident Pod MOC in the style of the much-beloved Blacktron line. The Trident is particularly nice for its use of the rare two-piece canopy element and the 2x2 rounded grill-tiles, all in trans-yellow, not to mention the variable wing position--a nice detail that IMO adds considerably to the vessel’s whooshability. In addition, Hop Frog went for a tasty combination of LEGO and Mega Bloks pieces, using the strengths of each to achieve a cooler result than might have been easily accomplished by using only one brand or the other.

Well, I was so taken with the design of the Trident that I decided to take a crack at a Mega Bloks-only version anyway. It’s not as sleek as Hop Frog’s, so I’ll call it an adaptation or an homage. I haven’t yet modeled the two-part canopy and therefore went with the closed approximation in LDraw’s clone library. In any case, I’m going to say that it’s a prototype so that I can reserve the right to revise the design henceforth.

Feedback is greatly appreciated, of course!

Thanks for looking!

Dave!

FUT ot.clones