 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2712 (-20)
  Re: MegaBloks announces Mobile Suit Gundam License

(...) Wow, those are nice! I was expecting some Knights Kingdom style POOP-figures, but these look like they're totally brick-built. Are they going to be available outside of Japan? Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (18 years ago, 23-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: MegaBloks announces Mobile Suit Gundam License

(...) Thanks for the news, Jeff! I've posted a message about it on the (URL) Bloks Forum>, giving you credit for breaking the news, of course. Very cool! Dave! (18 years ago, 23-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  MegaBloks announces Mobile Suit Gundam License

(URL) MegaBloks announced the license for Mobile Suit Gundam on their Japanese website today. This doesn't come as much of a surprise to me, considering they've had Power Rangers for a while, not to mention a few other anime properties, so they've (...) (18 years ago, 23-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  Re: Attach of the Clones

(...) In St. Catharines. The store is creatively called Dollar Mart. The set I had pics of is $9.99 so I didn't get it, as I have no idea of the number of pieces or quality. -Rob A> (18 years ago, 14-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Attach of the Clones

(...) What is the name of the dollar store chain? You are near Toronto? (18 years ago, 12-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: New (to me) BTR Sets

(...) That's actually been the way missiles have been working for actual Transformers for a while now, especially in the small ones. And yes, it works rather well. (18 years ago, 9-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Attach of the Clones

(...) I'm more interested in what's contained inside "Meal Time"! Iain (18 years ago, 8-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Attach of the Clones

(...) Were they retailing for a dollar, if so, did you pick one up yet, and what is the clutch quality of the components? Our local 99¢ store is retailing brick buckets from an anonymous PRC source that do not clutch to themselves, but what you (...) (18 years ago, 7-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Attach of the Clones

(...) When you're cloning the clones, you're doing something wrong :) Calum (18 years ago, 7-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Attach of the Clones

(...) But are they cloning LEGO or MegaBloks?????? ;) ROSCO (18 years ago, 7-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Attach of the Clones

Found these in a local dollar store and used my ever so stealthy (but poor quality) cell phone camera to snap these: Front: (URL) Back: (URL) (18 years ago, 7-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  New (to me) BTR Sets

(URL) Inferno> and (URL) Skyblast> These were the first previously-unseen BTR sets that I've encountered in quite a long time. To the best of my knowledge Hasbro has discontinued this product line, but it's a shame, because in some ways it seems (...) (18 years ago, 5-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Mystery Train

(...) It arrived earlier this week, and yes, it is fairly Lego compatible. At the top of the locomotve, and on the sides of the straights, the studs have the correct distance. But the could have been just a little, little larger to make better (...) (18 years ago, 2-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mystery Train

(...) I do believe that is by Tomy. I have a Hot Wheels size Tomy car with four studs on the roof, and I have the top of a Tomy steam engine that looks similar to that. Look here: (URL) (18 years ago, 26-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mystery Train

(...) Weird! I've never seen a train or tracks like that before, and I have no idea what clone brand it might be. However, about seven years ago I bought a heap of LEGO from someone I knew casually, and in the mix was a bunch of clone elements. Most (...) (18 years ago, 26-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Mystery Train

Does anybody recognize this train? Must be some clone, and it look compatible. doesn´t it? (URL) I won the auction and am eager to have a closer look at it when it arrives! /Tore (18 years ago, 25-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Any info on TMNT blocks from the 80'ties?

(...) Hi Dave, Thanks for the info. You are right, these must be Byggis. Even if Byggis is from neighboring country Sweden, I don't think they have ever been on the market in Denmark. This lot i got from a local Danish web-auction site (QXL). Even (...) (18 years ago, 20-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Any info on TMNT blocks from the 80'ties?

(...) Hi Arne! Unless I'm mistaken, the brand is Byggis, about which I know very nearly nothing. The resident LUGNET expert on Byggis is probably Tore Ericksson, who has kindly provided information to me in the past. The pieces that you're showing (...) (18 years ago, 19-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Any info on TMNT blocks from the 80'ties?

Hi, Does anybody here have more info on the TMNTurtle blocks from some 20 years ago? I recently acquired this: (URL) so far I have not been able to find any info whatsoever. The blocks are without any marks of any kind; the TMNT figures are (...) (18 years ago, 19-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Review of Mega Bloks set 1012: Captain Davy Jones

This message is slight revision of a review posted on the (URL) Bloks forum> earlier today. ===...=== $6.99 for 45 pieces, including the good Captain himself. A brief overview: Jeez-o-man is he an ugly cuss! I don't know what he did to piss off the (...) (18 years ago, 17-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact