 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2707
Re: New (to me) BTR Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2006 21:04:05 GMT

On 6/5/06, Dave Schuler <orrex@excite.com> wrote:
Another point of note is that the missile launchers have a clever new design:
the missiles snap into the launch chamber and protrude slightly from the rear of
the launcher.  When you press on this, it pops out of the chamber and fires,
with the thrust being generated by the elastic properties of the plastic itself.
To my surprise, this imparts more force than the original spring-based [BTR]
launchers, and I give them points for creativity!  The stress to the plastic
seems sufficiently slight, and the plastic sufficiently flexible, not to result
in stress damage despite repeated launchings.

That's actually been the way missiles have been working for actual
Transformers for a while now, especially in the small ones.  And yes,
it works rather well.
--
John Fiala