 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2696
Re: Any info on TMNT blocks from the 80'ties?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Sat, 20 May 2006 22:28:06 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Arne Lykke Nielsen wrote:
Hi,

Hi Arne!

Unless I'm mistaken, the brand is Byggis, about which I know very nearly
nothing.  The resident LUGNET expert on Byggis is probably Tore Ericksson, who
has kindly provided information to me in the past.

The pieces that you're showing represent only the second or third Byggis set
that I've ever seen.  I own a Jurassic Park licensed set that made use of
similar cardboard figures.

Considering my feeble knowledge of this brand, Europe could be positively full
of Byggis bricks, and I wouldn't know anything about it.

Where did you acquire this set, and what was the cost, if you don't mind saying?
It's a great find in any case!

Dave!

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the info.

You are right, these must be Byggis. Even if Byggis is from neighboring country
Sweden, I don't think they have ever been on the market in Denmark.

This lot i got from a local Danish web-auction site (QXL).

Even if Byggis is not produced anymore (I think), you can still find some
on the Swedish web-auction site Tradera, like this one (URL only valid through
May 2006):
http://www.tradera.com/auction/aid_28861844

Byggis seems to have made other licensed products; here is a SuperMario set:

http://www.smbhq.com/lego.htm

but other than that, I am still surpised that so little information is available
on Byggis.

The quality of the bricks is better than I expected - a bit like MegaBloks from
the late 90'ties (like MB western sets).

Thank for the feedback Dave!

regards from rainy Copenhagen,

Arne