 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2699
Re: Mystery Train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 26 May 2006 20:52:57 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Tore Eriksson wrote:
Does anybody recognize this train? Must be some clone, and it look compatible.
doesn´t it?

http://www.tradera.com/auction/auction.aspx?aid=28788958

Anyway, I won the auction and am eager to have a closer look at it when it
arrives!

Weird!  I've never seen a train or tracks like that before, and I have no idea
what clone brand it might be.

However, about seven years ago I bought a heap of LEGO from someone I knew
casually, and in the mix was a bunch of clone elements.  Most were Tyco with a
few Mega Bloks thrown in, but there was what looked like a black traincar roof
about the size of a 6x12 brick.  It would be too large for the engine in the
picture, but maybe there's a corresponding caboose that would be the right size?
There was no visible logo, and there were no other elements like it, so I put it
on the "no idea" pile.

The seller in my case was American, but I believe that his family was from Iran
and traveled a great bit, so who knows what brands they might have picked up
over the years?

It's packed away right now, but if I can find it, I'll post a picture.

If you can figure out the brand once you receive it, let us know!

Dave!

I do believe that is by Tomy. I have a Hot Wheels size Tomy car with four studs
on the roof, and I have the top of a Tomy steam engine that looks similar to
that. Look here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tomy-Train-Set-Huge-Amount-Childs-Dream_W0QQitemZ6060569963QQcategoryZ56366QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Russell