 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 267 (-20)
  Re: Which group does this belong in?

(...) Fortunately, I don't think clone auctions would attract too large a crowd around here! Maybe 6 or seven participants, and I have the feeling that you can outbid me, Frank! Dave! (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Best-Lock Will Sell All Themes Online end-March

A coworker emailed Best-Lock requesting a catalog or information on purchasing sets in their non-military themes (Pirate, Town, etc.) and this is the reply she received today: :Dear Christy, :Thanks for your e-mail. Our military range is available (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Which group does this belong in?

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <3897ADC7.37F48047@v...er.net>... (...) Actually, the TOS only covers auctions: (...) I think Todd himself has mentioned that it's ok to post buy/sell/trade type stuff in the theme groups. So it seems that the only (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Review of Best-Lock 6204 Whiteskull Pirate Ship

Set: 6204 Whiteskull Pirate Ship Mfr: Best-Lock Pcs: 800 MSRP: unknown Price paid: $51 on eBay Minifigs: 6 Colors: brown, grey, red, yellow This set builds a decent pirate ship. Also included is a small hut and cannon emplacement, and a horse drawn (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Which group does this belong in?

Arguably (not that I like to argue or anything... :-) ) it doesn't belong there either. Overall TOS say that trade related stuff is not welcome in any group that doesn't explicitly allow it. So we may need an off-topic.clone.market group or (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: worrying trend

(...) Some of the Mega Bloks sets I've seen have seriously appealed to be as sets. I would say that their design team is producing sets superior to most of LEGO's current offerings except it terms of brick quality. Mega Bloks also blows LEGO out of (...) (25 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: worrying trend

(...) It doesn't worry me if they can get their quality up to anything close to LEGO bricks. We do need a serious competitor, and Ritvik is probably in the best position to be that competitor. They seem to have a decent design staff (the set designs (...) (25 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  worrying trend

I'm worried. I got a look at a new bucket of Mega Bloks in pastel--and it happened to be open, so I played with a few of the bloc^Hks. They stay together remarkably well, and actually look pretty uniform in colour. On the other hand, the price of (...) (25 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Best-Lock vs. Kloss?

(...) Hey, you'd be a perfect candidate to beta test ldglite on AIX. I'm looking for folks using other architectures than linux and Windows. Whatcha think? Could you spare a few minutes (or hours, days...)? Note: I attempted to set followups this (...) (25 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Best-Lock vs. Kloss?

(...) I've never really got myself set up to look at L-Draw files (and it's tough at work with an RS/6000 running AIX), but having just built the Best-Lock pirate ship last night (look for a more complete review tonight), I'll talk a bit about the (...) (25 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Is Tente on the Web???

(...) (25 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Is Tente on the Web???

That is I'm a Lego fan and I had before some Tente carrier (boats) and know I'm looking any scans, pictures or any Tente Web Sites. (25 years ago, 23-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Best-Lock vs. Kloss?

Is there anyone who has both Kloss and Best-Lock and therefor is able to compare them? I suspect they are very similar. FYI, Kloss is a very cheap clone, I hate to admit it but it says "Swedish design". Even though they are inferior, I bought two (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Best-lock pirate ship (Re: Target find, and a request)

(...) Cool! Hope you don't feel insulted (and I have been stiffed exactly once on eBay, I just don't like to count my chickens before they're hatched, of course my confidence of getting the set just went up a bit [I was pretty confident before - (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Best-lock pirate ship (Re: Target find, and a request)

(...) I hadn't thought of that--when I saw them they might already have been marked down without any "clearance" label visible. Dave! (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Best-lock pirate ship (Re: Target find, and a request)

(...) it's 800 pieces. i originally saw those larger sets going at $50.00 but clearance prices do show them dropping to $30.00 (i've even heard rumors that they go lower than that). ..joseph g (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Best-lock pirate ship (Re: Target find, and a request)

(...) *snip* (...) Is the Pirate ship 1000 pieces? I think the Best-Lock military sets of that size retailed for either 29.99 or 39.99, but I'm not 100% certain. Dave! (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Best-lock pirate ship (Re: Target find, and a request)

(...) hey, frank, i'm the seller on this ship! i liked the design on the ship but have been cleaning out my clones collection which is how it ended up on ebay. i'll look forward to your review of things when you get it. ..joseph g p.s. by the way, (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Target find, and a request

(...) $51, which certainly isn't a bargain price, but it isn't outrageous either. It is missing a couple parts (I plan on contacting Best Lock to see if I can get them replaced). It also comes with a couple castle sets. Here's the auction listing: (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Target find, and a request

(...) Cool! What did you pay for it, if you don't mind me asking? Dave! (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact