 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 254
Re: Best-lock pirate ship (Re: Target find, and a request)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 18:41:06 GMT

Joseph Gonzalez wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Frank Filz writes:
Here's the auction listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=234812197

hey, frank, i'm the seller on this ship!

Cool! Hope you don't feel insulted (and I have been stiffed exactly once
on eBay, I just don't like to count my chickens before they're hatched,
of course my confidence of getting the set just went up a bit [I was
pretty confident before - since being stiffed, I don't bid much above
$20 or so if I don't see feedback which gives me a feeling of
confidence]).

i liked the design on the ship but have been cleaning out my clones collection
which is how it ended up on ebay.  i'll look forward to your review of things
when you get it.

..joseph g

p.s. by the way, you are getting the ship for cheaper than what i paid for it
(i traded an unopened 6769 fort legoredo) and i imagine the ships will go for
around $50.00 once they hit the u.s.

Yea, I figured I got a decent deal. I think I've bid on them before, and
got scared away. I expect you're right about the price. Who knows if
they'll hit clearance or not, or if we even ever see them (so far, the
Best Lock sets we are seeing don't directly compete with LEGO except the
shuttle set [and that hasn't been re-stocked like the military sets have
been]).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com