 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2622 (-20)
  Re: 'Virtual' Preservation Project for CKS

At 02:50 PM 10/16/2005 +0000, Farlie A wrote: [snip] (...) I have never heard of Meccano or Rokenbok or those others you mentioned. But if they're construction toys, they can be made for the computer! I know nothing about setting up or working on a (...) (19 years ago, 17-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 'Virtual' Preservation Project for CKS

(...) Unfortunately not with AnkerCAD :-( The parts in BlockCAD and AnkerCAD are not in LDRAW format, but one of my own. BlockCAD can export a model in LDRAW format, as it's just a question of generating the right LDRAW parts (in the right position (...) (19 years ago, 16-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 'Virtual' Preservation Project for CKS

(...) Thanks for your comments. The Brick Wiki looks like it's a specific Lego(R) brick wiki, whereas a Wiki or Construction kit systems would need to cover things like Meccano, Rokenbok as well.. Alex (19 years ago, 16-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: 'Virtual' Preservation Project for CKS

(...) Although its not quite what you sound like you want, we already have a wikified LDraw section over on BrickWiki ((URL)). You can find the category at (URL) although it's fairly empty at the moment. There is even a section on the wiki for clone (...) (19 years ago, 16-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: 'Virtual' Preservation Project for CKS

(...) Looks like my idea is already happening :-) Suggestions: * Create a WikiCity? * AnchorStones - AnkerCad? See: (URL) Systems list? I can think of several systems not mentioned by yourself. *Major Systems (not yet mentioned): + Mecanno + (...) (19 years ago, 16-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 'Virtual' Preservation Project for CKS

Alex, I think that's a great idea! :) A couple of years ago I was thinking that any construction toy could be modeled in L-Cad, and I was quite excited to release the most basic parts of K'nex in the LDraw file format. (URL) you can see on that (...) (19 years ago, 15-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.cad.dev)

  'Virtual' Preservation Project for CKS

I'd like some comments on the following Idea.. Full Project Name : 'Virtual' Prservation of Construction Kit systems through the use of L-Cad type software Proposal : To contruct and mantain a series of 'part' libraries for L-Cad type software. Such (...) (19 years ago, 15-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Nano sized MB nano sets!

I found these today at the Claremont, NH Wal*Mart at a front register for 97 cents each (no tax in NH) They were in a smallish clear 'drop' display; the individual boxes are roughly 3/4 the size of a cigarette box. The side of each box shows that (...) (19 years ago, 12-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: LEGO® Blocked by Best-Lock

(...) I didn't know that--well, score one for LEGO, I guess. They've lost numerous similar cases, though, wherein it's been ruled that the patent expired long ago. Do you know when this case was decided? Dave! (19 years ago, 11-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: LEGO® Blocked by Best-Lock

(...) They're not... In the Netherlands, MegaBlocks started a similair trial, lost and since sales of Brick, MegaBlocks and the like are illegal in the Netherlands. And I for one am glad about it, since they're way too close to the real thing and (...) (19 years ago, 11-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO® Blocked by Best-Lock

(...) That's a good question. I have some Best-Lock instruction books (but no boxes) from '98 or '99, and I'll check them when I get home to see if the logo included a brick. I didn't realize that about the LEGO logo. Hmm... (...) Very true. There (...) (19 years ago, 11-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO® Blocked by Best-Lock

(...) <snip> (...) It's interesting that the Best-Lock logo uses their version of a 1 x 6 brick, not a 2 x 4 brick design. Did they change from a 2 x 4 logo during the course of this suit? Lego used to use the 2 x 4 as part of the "SYSTEM" logo, but (...) (19 years ago, 11-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO® Blocked by Best-Lock

(...) This is good news! I can’t think of a single reason why any company should be empowered to dictate which competitors are and are not allowed into the market, so this victory will benefit consumers and competitors alike. Besides which, anyone (...) (19 years ago, 11-Oct-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Two New MOCs

(...) eh, I heard the theives had to take a number for their turn to steal it;-) (...) Mixed metaphors, puns and Old Milwaukee beer. (URL) it doesn't get any better than this®>. JOHN (19 years ago, 4-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Two New MOCs

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler wrote: How did you stumble upon it, if you don't render? (...) I saw one of his cools renders on BS, probably (URL) this>, and bookmarked it for Ross for future reference. I think (URL) Koyan> once (...) (19 years ago, 4-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Two New MOCs

(...) "Artiste," "Primadonna," it's all the same... (...) Wow, that's pretty cool--thanks for the pointer. I played around a little with it last night, and I'm really surprised at how quickly it renders. I need to play around with the lighting to (...) (19 years ago, 4-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Two New MOCs

(...) You are becoming an artiste, Dave! (...) I don't know anything about the whole rendering thing, but I'm wondering if (URL) this page> may be helpful. (...) Only my hairdresser knows for sure! JOHN (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Two New MOCs

(...) Is that photo from your own gallery? I may have to inform (URL) Norway> about you. (...) "Long term coals" almost qualifies for an FUT ot.pun. Amen. Dave! (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Two New MOCs

(...) That may be true, but the kid turns 16 in a few weeks, and it's all I can do to prevent him from slipping into his (URL) "dark ages">:-( Actually, neither one of us has done much since Cincy. But we have some long term coals in the fire, so (...) (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Side bar update!

From (URL) : "Linking "It is forbidden to create a hyperlink to the Site or any part of the Site without our prior written consent." That's hilarious. (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact