 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2606
Re: Two New MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Mon, 3 Oct 2005 14:43:43 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler wrote:

Lately I’ve realized that I “suffer” from my own form of purist’s psychosis, in that I confine my MOC’s to Mega-Bloks-only elements. Sure, some of the parts that you see have LEGO analogs (the 2x4 brick, the 1x3 plate, etc.) but the real-world equivalent of every virtual brick in these MOCs can be gleaned from a Mega Bloks set (and in the represented colors, to boot!).

In making this realization, I’ve realized also that purists aren’t as nutty as I used to think them to be: I find it quite inspiring to confine one’s palette to a specific set of bricks and colors. It has nothing to do with “brand purity” per se, but rather the desire to work from a seemingly more restrictive platform.

You are becoming an artiste, Dave!

   What I am wondering is this, Dave! Are you able to apply the settings of someone who has rendered in POV-RAY to your own MOCs, such as these examples below?

POV-Ray lighting is probably my biggest weakness in the rendering game. I tried Jeroen’s radiosity settings but couldn’t tell heads from tails.

If some kind soul would care to point me to a set of ready-to-use radiosity settings for the total simpleton, I’d be most appreciative.

I don’t know anything about the whole rendering thing, but I’m wondering if this page may be helpful.

   Of course, I still believe that you’re a total slacker, and it’s really Ross who does all the truly cool stuff. 8^)

Only my hairdresser knows for sure!

JOHN