 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2620
Re: 'Virtual' Preservation Project for CKS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 16 Oct 2005 14:50:32 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Timothy Gould wrote:

   Looks like my idea is already happening :-)

Suggestions: * Create a WikiCity? * AnchorStones - AnkerCad? See: http://web.telia.com/~u16122508/ankercad.htm * Systems list? I can think of several systems not mentioned by yourself. *Major Systems (not yet mentioned): + Mecanno + Rokenbok + Fisher Technik + Geo-Mag etc..
  • As it’s L-CAD It means L3P/LPub etc can be used to produce model instructions
OF course there are a lot of web-sites on various constructional toys, Hence my suggestion that you start a Wiki?

Alex

Although its not quite what you sound like you want, we already have a wikified LDraw section over on BrickWiki (http://www.brickwiki.org). You can find the category at http://brickwiki.zapto.org/index.php/Category:LDraw although it’s fairly empty at the moment. There is even a section on the wiki for clone brands.

If you do start the new wiki be sure to let BrickWiki know so that we can make interwiki links.

Cheers,

Tim

Thanks for your comments. The Brick Wiki looks like it’s a specific Lego(R) brick wiki, whereas a Wiki or Construction kit systems would need to cover things like Meccano, Rokenbok as well..

Alex