 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2624
Re: 'Virtual' Preservation Project for CKS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 18 Oct 2005 00:58:20 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Jason S. Mantor wrote:
Farlie A wrote:
I'd like some comments on the following Idea..

Full Project Name : 'Virtual' Prservation of Construction Kit systems
through the use of L-Cad type software

Proposal :
To contruct and mantain a series of 'part' libraries for
L-Cad type software. Such libaries to represent the component parts
of various consturction-ket systems- both past and present.

Alex

Yes. I've been thinking the same thing for a while now. Let's do it!
I started on construx primitives a while back and someone already has a
good library for knex.  I bought some Lincoln Logs for my two year old
son so I could measure them : )

Just measure the 2 gable pieces, (of the originals) see elsewhere in the thread,
the rest of the original pieces are done already...

Tinkertoys would also be cool.

Indeed. Many of these systems don't have that many different parts either, The
original Tinkertoy has one stick with end slots that you just have to vary the
length of, and two kinds of spools, IIRC. (by the time I got mine, there were
more plastic parts of course)